The next meeting Coach and Athlete meeting will be held at our facility on Sunday, February 17th, 2013, from 12-3 pm. This meeting is FREE to attend. Everyone in and around the Calgary area is welcome to join in on the discussion. Spaces are limited, please e-mail to save your seat. For those that are interested but unable to make it to the facility (due to the fact they live in Sweden or Germany, etc.), we will try to make the event available to you as well. If you have any specific questions you would like to have answered or would like to have my opinion on, please send those along via e-mail or bring them with you.
Here is a brief outline as to what will be covered during the meeting:
- Is work capacity, across broad times, and modal domains the best definition of fitness? Should this definition be the basis for your design of fitness competitions? Can it be improved upon?
- Can you accurately decide who is fittest based on the designed events?
- Why the new standards of fitness competitions has dictated the new standards of training.
- What potential negative issues occur by using multiple modalities to test fitness?
- What are the characteristics of a "good" fitness competition?
- What are the characteristics of a "bad" fitness competition?
- Learn how to design events using multiple modalities in order to elicit the desired response.
- Learn how to critically analyze your competition designs to ensure safe, intelligent, and an effective event.
- What is training? vs. What is testing?
- Males vs. Females.
- And much more.